Monday, June 27, 2005

Thunderbirds are Go!

I saw this movie Sunday night and thought it was worth the price - free on cable (not counting the high prices we pay for all the pay channels. I vaguely remember the puppet version and this live-action one was pretty lame. But it was directed by Jonathan Frakes (from Star Trek: The Next Generation). He even had his wife playing a reporter in the flick - Laura from General Hospital from way back (Genie Francis). Man, I feel old. I remember when she was young. I was, too...

5 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Blogger Tara said...

I don't think I ever saw Thunderbirds. When you mentioned the show, though, I thought of the cartoon "Thundercats". Loved that show.

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Nicotine Jones said...

I remember Thundercats, but I watched more Spiderman, Speed Racer, Jonny Socko and his flying robot, SuperFriends, HR Pufnstuf and other shows that looked much better at the time - than they do now.

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Tara said...

Weren't they great back then? I really miss the Bugs Bunny & Tweety Show hour. Oh man. It could inspire any night owl to wake up early on a Saturday morning just to watch that show. They even have more modern versions of Scooby Doo. Not the same thing.

I think I'm done regressing..for now.

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Nicotine Jones said...

Pretty funny how great the shows are when we're kids. Now, my art and story standards are higher (at least for animation). I'll still watch just about any crappy show or movie if it's not animated, but for some reason, my standards are higher for animated shows. Now it's late and I'm rambling...

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger Tara said...

I refuse to watch Spongebob Squarepants. My nephews watch that all the time and rave about it. I told them I watch something much more sophisticated...South Park. And then I dignantly make my exit. Hehe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com