Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I have a job

In case anyone was wondering, both my wife and I kept our jobs when Pfizer announced it's layoffs yesterday. The wife has a territory in Cleveland, but we are now living in Orlando and she is on medical leave due to the pregnancy (going smoothly, with only a few bumps, thanks for asking). So, when she comes off maternity leave, hopefully she can find a territory in Orlando. I, also have a job still (which was a great surprise to me). Unfortunately, many of my friends were let go and most of them were award winners who deserved better. But they will all go to other companies and do well - and I've been trying to help them when I can (with my other website, which has taken an incredible surge in traffic). Well, only one more day of work this year and then I'm done until 2007. Then in about a month the new baby should be here...I'll keep you posted...

2 Comments:

At 5:52 AM, Blogger Tara said...

I am so happy for you guys! I almost asked about it the other day, but figured you might want to break the news when you felt like it. It is sad when the friends you've met through work are getting layed off. Hopefully you can keep in touch with them. I've sort of kept in touch with people, but it's not easy.

And I feel so bad, I lost track of the baby news. I am still crossing my fingers for you guys.

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger Nicotine Jones said...

Thanks, Tara. It's been a stressful time for the people at my company, but hopefully, it's over for awhile. Now we can concentrate on holiday stuff and (soon) baby stuff...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com