Saturday, May 05, 2007

A real post

Hello! Figured I'd try writing instead of being lazy and dropping videos in the blog. My readership has dropped to about 4 or 5 (you know who you are). On the brighter side, my other blog (for pharmaceutical sales) is getting like 50+ viewers/day. But I will try to write more for Nicotine's Ash since the two blogs are very different. I only post photos of my family on this blog - the other one is not for people to know me personally.

So I was thinking about what I'd change if I could go back to my 20s. I'm 42 now, but I'm friends with many 20-somethings due to work and blogging. I think most people who would like to go back and relive their 20s would like the knowledge gained since then. But, we really don't know much more than we did back then. In fact, we probably know less since we don't use a lot of what we learn in school and tend to forget it. I know I'll have to read over math and science books for my kids in order to help them with their homework since I don't really have an interest in integers and right angles. But what we really want to take back to our 20s is our confidence. I think the people I really enjoy talking to during the day who are 20 somethings are the ones who have the confidence I lacked during that decade. Not that I was totally insecure, but I know not to stress so much of the little things now (and also not to stress most of the big things, too). Anyway, is any of this making sense? Anyone agree?

NJ

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know EXACTLY what you're saying. I'd love to go back knowing what I know now. Of course when I was in my 20s I already thought I knew everything. ;-) I'd like to go back just to give myself a good smack in the head. :-D

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Nicotine Jones said...

I think we would all like to smack ourselves in the head like that...

But ananke, I thought you were still in your 20s!

 
At 6:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heck, no! I'm just a year younger than you. I just refuse to mature. LOL!!!!

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Nicotine Jones said...

Wow! You look much younger than me. Or maybe I look much older than you...either way, good for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com