Friday, June 27, 2008

Scaredy dog


Scaredy dog, originally uploaded by nickjones65.

The dog hates thunderstorms. He crawled up on my shoulders and then onto the top of the couch. Had to take a quick photo. It goes back to when we had an Invisible Fence in Ohio and he got zapped a few times. Right before the zap, it makes a noise that is exactly like the noise a smoke detector makes when the power goes off. So he assumes when there's a storm, the power will go off and he'll get zapped...Even though he hasn't been zapped in about 4-5 years and even though we don't own an Invisible Fence in Florida. I like his demon eyes, too...!

6 Comments:

At 7:22 AM, Blogger Tara said...

Aww, poor pup! I like the demon eyes too. It's good to see him posing, though! :D

 
At 3:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He went to the vet yesterday for his regular visit (shots, etc) and was prescribed a doggie antidepressant. Hopefully, it will work since there's lots of thunderstorms in Florida...

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Fuji was the same way...glad my current fur men are not.

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Annake said...

Poor little traumatized doggie!!!! I want to give him a big hug. That story reminds me of my cousins' dog, Gretchen. She was a German Shepard that was very protective of the kids but one day a small dog wandered into their yard and barked at Gretchen. She tried to climb on top of my aunt to get away from it!!! Great guard dog she turned out to be. ;-)

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger stinkypaw said...

Poor doggy! He's gorgeous and has this look that just makes me want to hug him or something...Make sure to pet him for me, please!

 
At 3:17 AM, Blogger Nicotine Jones said...

Thanks for the concern, everyone. He seems to be doing a little better from his drug, though I don't know if they really work that fast. Is there a placebo effect on dogs? We've had about 2 weeks of afternoon/nightly storms in a row. Maybe he's adjusting...He just stays near the kids, if they're up. He figures we wouldn't "zap" them so he's safe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com