Friday, March 10, 2006

In DC and enjoying the weather


We are in Washington DC (the Wife and I) and it is about 70 degrees. Unbelievable! We are staying right near the Capitol building, which we walked by today. We went to the National Archives and saw the Declaration of Independence, the Bill of Rights, the Constitution etc. Tomorrow, the Holocaust Museum and hopefully, the National Zoo. Fortunately, I brought my computer and the room has free broadband. How cool is that? Anyway, I didn't expect to blog this weekend (and I might not again until I'm home), but there it is. Hope everyone else is having a fun weekend - I'm just being a dumb tourist.

P.S. The Metro is very cool. I have rarely seen such a clean subway system.

4 Comments:

At 6:24 PM, Blogger Tara said...

Ahhhh, 70 degrees! Heavenly! Hey, it sounds like you two are having a great time! Have fun!

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

You couldn't have picked a BETTER weekend to visit! I went kickboxing (for the first time ever) this morning and even THAT wasn't as unpleasant as it could have been since the weather was so great.

RE: the subway -- I'm from DC and it STILL shocks me how clean the thing is. Of course, it helps to be able to arrest anyone caught eating on the trains...

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger Nicotine Jones said...

Yeah, having a very nice time. I'll update with some photos when I get back to Cleveland, but got to see the pandas, including the baby, while at the National Zoo. We also ate very well, which is easy to do here. Anyway, headed home tomorrow to some rain, no doubt! Glad we came.

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger FW said...

I brought my computer and the room has free broadband

That's fantastic! In the UK I get charged by hotels just for connecting on a 56K link, grrrr.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com