Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Daddy is so cool

This coming weekend, fresh from a little family vacation to S. Florida (still tired from that), I am taking 5 1/2 year old Nicorette to see "High School Musical on Ice". I bought two tickets so that the Wife and Nicotine Jr would have some ALONE time. Now, I don't know what the hell I was thinking. I like HSM enough (as much as a 42 year old father should), but this might have overextended the brand. I'll report back, but somehow I think that I'll be unhappy with the purchase. When I reminded my daughter that we'd be going next weekend, she asked about souvenirs already. After Disney Princess on ice, we went home with a Cinderella cup that had been filled with a snow cone. She is expecting to pick up a Troy or Gabrielle (not sure if that's right) snowcone mug. I think it's a little creepy to eat a snowcone that seems like it's someone's head. Like eating their brains...

Next trip that makes Dad a hero: Build a Bear, followed by Mickey's not so scary Halloween. Any costume ideas for me? The Beat costume I wore up in Ohio is way too warm for Florida. I almost had a stroke last Halloween...

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, now I have a craving for chilled monkey brains....NOT. ;-)

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Tara said...

That's not a bad Halloween novelty item, though. A plastic head cup filled with ice with strawberry or cherry flavored food coloring drizzled over the ice. A Halloween Snow Cone. A Scare Cone.

I'm planning on buying a werewolf mask for Halloween this year.

You should get a Spongebob Squarepants costume.

 
At 2:38 AM, Blogger Nicotine Jones said...

Ananke: I must agree. Though I hear it's a delicacy in some third world country I'll never visit.

Tara: Werewolf sounds cool. Spongebob, I don't think I could do it. This weekend, we listened to the movie going to our S. Florida destination and back (along with the Wizard of Oz). I like Spongebob, but I'm leaning towards something else. But thanks!

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger stinkypaw said...

My dad brought me to see the Ice Capades (way back when) and I still remember seeing Snoopy - so you are and will remain a cool dad! ;-)

The pirates are big this year, so maybe a pirate costume?

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger HughJass said...

Good Dad.....setting the bar high......if mine hear about how good Nicorette has it, they might not dig our games of "Let's see who can pretend they're asleep the longest".............as far as the Halloween costume, let the hair grow back out and go as Justin Guarini........

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com