Friday, July 27, 2007

On crutches

Haha - totally trashed my leg/hip whatever running a 5k last night. Finished the race (yeah) but could NOT walk afterwards. Drove home, though. I could do that. Tried to call my wife from my car, but she'd left the phone in the car (we don't have a home phone). So I literally hopped/crawled from the car to the door. A neighbor noticed and asked if I was OK. No, not really, but I don't know you so thanks, I'll manage. I haven't had this kind of pain in awhile (luckily). It's pretty funny to watch as I try to manage. I bought some crutches today after I took my daughter to school (hopping the whole way). Have to miss work to go see an orthopedic surgeon (one of the docs I call on). To make it all even MORE amusing, this is the weekend my wife is going to Savannah to visit a friend (on my suggestion). I encouraged her to go anyway, even though it will be a challenge to manage the two kids (the infant especially). So we'll see how it goes. I see the doctor in an hour and then have a few until I pick up the kids and hopefully make it through what will surely be a long weekend! Wish me luck...

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, Blogger stinkypaw said...

Luck!

I just hope for your that you didn't rip your acl... been there, done that and it's no fun.

 
At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no, sounds like you're in a lot of pain. Yikes, I hope you were able to manage OK this weekend and that you start feeling better soon.

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Nicotine Jones said...

Doctor did the xray thing and it's not a break or fracture. Might be bursitis (sp?), which heals with ice and rest. Didn't get rest this weekend but I've gone without crutches since Saturday (with a brief need for them Saturday night). Looks like I'll take it easy this week and then start exercising (lightly) again. Thanks for the concern, though. It's appreciated. And the kids have survived the weekend so far. I am solo until Monday morning so there's still time to have it all blow up. There were a few close calls, but aside from very little sleep, it's going OK.

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Tara said...

Glad that you're able to go without crutches a little easier!

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger Nicotine Jones said...

Bastard! Are you never going to give me a call, dude? Must be too busy playing video maker.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com