Saturday, July 05, 2008

Both kids. Look close.


Both kids. Look close., originally uploaded by nickjones65.

Didn't try to catch Nic Jr in the photo, but little man ran into frame...At the Florida Mall after finding out my Powerbook (Apple laptop) had died. The hard drive went bad. Luckily, if there's a good side, I had purchased the Apple Care program (3 years of protection). So, they'll be replacing my hard drive with another and getting me back my computer in about a week. I had most (not ALL) of my stuff backed up. I immediately purchased the new Leopard OS since it has an automatic back-up system that would protect me for these types of things. The Apple Care purchase turned out to be a great buy since it already replaced a dead DVD-R drive. That and the hard drive total about 600 bucks. I probably paid about $250. The lesson here is to back up!!!!! By the way, I'm blogging this on my work laptop. It's not as good, but it's a way to get online...

3 Comments:

At 9:36 PM, Blogger stinkypaw said...

Sometimes things do work out in the end, don't they?

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Annake said...

I always buy the extended warranty when I buy computers but I've never had to use it. This is one case that proves it's a good idea!

 
At 3:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, it's the bright side to the computer mess. I hate my work computer, but right now, it's the only thing getting me online. I still think Windows is crap. I hope the Apple store calls soon with my computer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com