Saturday, January 28, 2006

7 things

This is from a tag by Tara...but I won't be tagging anyone since I don't think anyone would see it who hasn't already done the lists...

Seven Things To Do Before I Die:

1 - Start a company
2 - Write/publish a book or story (print - not internet)
3 - Go to Greece (Athens and the Greek Isles)
4 - Pay for my daughter (and child #2) to go to college (most of it anyway - though a scholarship would be nice)
5 - Move to Florida (or some other warm climate locale) - sooner the better
6 - Become a manager (no hurry with this one)
7 - Retire by 60

Seven Things I Cannot Do:

1 - Play basketball
2 - Go to sleep early (usually)
3 - Sleep in (which can cause problems when combined with #2)
4 - Give up my cell phone
5 - Give up my computer (for more than a few days)
6 - Keep my office clean
7 - Stop loving my daughter (even when she gets into trouble-though I hope she doesn't test this one too often as a teen)

Seven Things That Attract Me To...Blogging:

1 - Networking
2 - Writing
3 - Fun
4 - "Everybody's doing it"
5 - It helps me with my procrastination for other "more important" things
6 - My parole office says it would be good for me (kidding, no - really)
7 - Corrupting others

Seven Things I Say Most Often:

1 - Dude
2 - Drug names (the ones I sell)
3 - my daughter's name
4 - my wife's name
5 - What would Harry Potter do? (nah, I just made that one up - but I think I like it)
6 - What IS up?
7 - It cost HOW much?

Seven Books That I Loved:

1 - Count of Monte Christo
2 - The Crystal Cave
3 - the Harry Potter books
4 - Three Musketeers
5 - Anything by Grisham
6 - The Bourne Identity
7 - most of the Jack Ryan books by Tom Clancy

Seven Movies That I Watch Over and Over Again:

1 - Groundhog Day
2 - most Disney animated movies
3 - all Pixar animated movies
4 - Brotherhood of the Wolf
5 - Spiderman 2
6 - Office Space
7 - Princess Bride

Seven People That Get to Join In Too (if they haven't already):

1 -anyone
2 -anyone
3 - Beuller?
4 -anyone
5 -etc
6 -etc
7 -etc

4 Comments:

At 8:00 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

I don't know why I didn't think of the inability to sleep early thing. I'm unable to go to bed at a decent hour. Even if I have absolutely NOTHING to do for hours, I won't go to bed.

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger Nicotine Jones said...

Yeah, I know I won't sleep in, but I still stay up. I told my wife that it's probably because it's the ONLY time I'm alone in the house (awake, anyway) and that's a nice thing...but I end up getting 6 hours a night usually...and that can catch up with me...

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Ripley said...

Hi Nicotine Jones,
I'm enjoying your blog and wanted to comment on your list of to do, can't do, and so forth...

I have not seen the Brotherhood of the Wolf and wondered how many stars you'd actually give it before I go pick it up?

I'm a huge movie freak and critic!!
I am debating whether or not to rent Brother's Grimm since it got such a low turn out. Personally I think box office rating are damaged most by lack of advertising. I know I saw maybe 3 trailers for BG and 2 of those were while watching another film at the theater.

Anyway... Great Blog!
-Ripley

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Nicotine Jones said...

Ripley:

Thanks for the nice comments. Regarding Brotherhood of the Wolf, I can't remember how I first came upon this movie...but from your profile, I saw you like comic book movies...This is a comic book movie without costumes. There's some great fight scenes. One of the lead actors is the chairman from Iron Chef America, Mark Dacascos. You wouldn't believe it, but he is an amazing fighter and it is filmed more like a historical drama than your typical action movie. I'd say it's a combo of Last of the Mohicans and the Punisher. So on a scale of 1-10, I'd give it a 9. There's some bizarre parts, and the movie is dubbed, but still well worth seeing. Let me know what you think!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com