Friday, February 24, 2006

Tagged by a Smartass

Tagged by EKWisdom



1: Black and White or Color; how do you prefer your movies? Don't really care, though I'm not a big fan of colorization. Mostly, I like good movies, no matter B/W or color.

2: What is the one single subject that bores you to near-death?
Style shows...Probably a good cure for insomnia...

3: MP3s, CDs, Tapes or Records: No real preference for sound, but I put all things musical on my computer, then my iPod so I guess MP3s for convenience. I don't have the tools to transfer tapes or records to MP3s...so I guess my Live Aid tapes are destined to turn into dust...

4: You are handed one first class trip plane ticket to anywhere in the world and ten million dollars cash. All of this is yours provided that you leave and not tell anyone where you are going ... Ever. This includes family, friends, everyone. Would you take the money and ticket and run?
Nah...tempting as it is to disappear sometimes, I couldn't do that to my family and friends...Could I just have the money?

5: Seriously, what do you consider the world's most pressing issue now?
Shortsightedness. Not looking at the world as a group but as individual countries/religions/races/etc...

6: How would you rectify the world's most pressing issue?
Teach the hungry to grow food/catch food and give them the supplies needed, teach the illiterate to read, loan the poor money to start businesses and teach them how to succeed at these businesses (creating jobs in the process)...etc, etc...

7: You are given the chance to go back and change one thing in your life; what would that be?
I'd do many things differently, but since that's not possible, I'm pretty accepting of how things have gone...

8: You are given the chance to go back and change one event in world history, what would that be?
Probably either prevent Russia's pograms that killed 20 million people or the Holocaust that killed 10 million people

9: A night at the opera, or a night at the Grand Ole' Opry—Which do you choose?
Neither...I'd give my tickets to someone who cares about either one...I've seen opera and was entertained but barely. I was impressed with the skills of the performers, but bored with the show. And country music, I like some, but not most...

10: What is the one great unsolved crime of all time you'd like to solve?
Who killed JFK? or How much did FDR know about Pearl Harbor before the attack?

11: One famous author can come to dinner with you. Who would that be, and what would you serve for the meal?
JK Rowling, the Harry Potter author. I'm more impressed with the 6 Harry Potter books since I listened to all audiobook versions (after reading them all first). Very impressive with the way they tie together and the forshadowing that I didn't catch reading them. I don't really know what I'd serve, but it would likely be grilled, since that's my preference when the weather allows it.

12: You discover that John Lennon was right, that there is no hell below us, and above us there is only sky—what's the first immoral thing you might do to celebrate this fact?
I wouldn't change any behavior. Jews don't really believe in living for the next life. We are here now and better make the most of it NOW. If anything happens after, so be it. But I wouldn't count on it...

I don't really like to tag anyone usually, but if anyone wants to do this one, that'd be fine...

1 Comments:

At 9:44 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

I liked your answer to number 5. That's a pretty interesting point.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com