Saturday, June 16, 2007

Ran a 5k

Wow, I actually did well. My goal was to break 30 minutes (a little better than 10 minute miles) and I got under 26 minutes. I finished 2nd in my age group (and yes, there were more than 2 in my age group) and I didn't die at the end. I got a 2nd place medal and won a raffle prize of a 1 hr massage (given to the spouse). I am so motivated to improve from the time I got (about 8 1/2 minute miles) that I'll probably work out again this evening. And I think I lost more weight but that could be from stress. However, that's a different story...

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 8:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, congratulations!!! You did great. :-D

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Nicotine Jones said...

Thanks, ananke! I appreciate that. Hope you're doing better...(from your last post)...

 
At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Better but I still don't feel like posting. Jerkwad coworkers have majorly upped my stress level the past couple of weeks and I'm really feeling it now. Hope your stress level is going down though. :-)

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Nicotine Jones said...

Sorry to hear about your idiot coworkers. I've been there, trust me. It's one of the reasons, we moved to another state, lol. I don't recommend this strategy, unless things don't get better! I recommend a vacation. Maybe I'll have to have a posting for some FOADs here since you're on sabbatical...

Hang in there...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com