Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Movies seen recently...


Friday Night Lights - pretty good high school football movie. Even though Billy Bob Thornton is a freaky guy, he IS in some cool movies: Bad Santa is also very cool.


First Daughter - Another freaky actor (actress, actually) in Katie Holmes. But, I like her, too - regardless of the real life antics of Katie/Tom. I'll always like her from the first season or two of Dawson's Creek. And the lead male, Marc Blucas, was on Buffy the Vampire Slayer (played Riley), so he gets points for that. The movie was just OK. I kept hoping that Katie's character would get some opinions (as most college kids would) and stand up to the protesters (against her father, the President). But that never really happened. But I guess the target market of this one was most likely 14 or 15. I haven't seen that in a while...


Napoleon Dynamite - I really liked this one. It's a weird, cool movie and most important - it's original. I'm so sick of knowing what's going to happen in every movie I see. This one was just weird enough that you never knew where it might go...

2 Comments:

At 7:19 AM, Blogger Tara said...

I loved Napolean Dynamite for pretty much the same reason you liked it. From the first scene when he throws the figure out the bus window, I was entranced and needed to see more. Also the high school setting was portrayed so well that I could almost smell it.

Have you seen "The Gift"? Katie Holmes is in that, along with Cate Blanchet, Giovanni Ribisi, Keanu Reeves, Hilary Swank and Greg Kinnear. Excellent performances from the whole cast. It's an underrated suspense/mystery.

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Nicotine Jones said...

I have not seen The Gift. I'll have to check it out - good actors in it...Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com