Sunday, August 28, 2005

Open up a can of whoop.


When our daughter was a bit younger (and keep in mind that she's 3 1/2), we used to occasionally jokingly say "Don't make me open up a can of whoop - ". And then we'd remember we were talking in front of a small toddler. So we'd stop. And so now, since kids are sponges, she likes to say "Don't make me open up a can of whoop!" And then she stops. It sounds pretty funny coming out of her mouth. And to cover ourselves in case she ever says it in public, we took it another step...

"Don't make me open up a can of...beans"
"Don't make me open up a can of...worms"

Etc...

Any good ideas for us to add to the list? And I think I need to ask her what she thinks "whoop" is!

3 Comments:

At 7:42 AM, Blogger Tara said...

Don't make me open a can of sardines!
Don't make me open a can sliced peaches!
Don't make me open a can of spinach!
Don't make me open a can of spam! (yikes, that one is scary)

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger Rambler Joe Snitty said...

Haha, how about 'Who Hash' (i.e., The Grinch Who Stole Christmas).

When our oldest daughter was three, she walked into the kitchen and said, "Mommy, is 'load of sh*t' a bad word?"

Imagine us both trying to keep a straight enough face to make sure that that didn't become her favorite new phrase...

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Nicotine Jones said...

You must have had amazing self control!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com